Wednesday, June 5, 2024

6.5.2024 - Summer Romance

Summer Romance by Annabel Monaghan 

Many thanks to NetGalley, Penguin Random House GP Putnam Sons for gifting me a copy of the latest novel by Annabel Monaghan.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!

Ali Morris helps people organize and declutter as her job, but her own life is in total disarray.  Her husband has left her, her mom died, she's depressed, and is basically the single parent of 3 kids.  The first morning she takes off her wedding ring, she meets Ethan at the local dog park.  She decides that her life could maybe just handle a summer romance.

Don't think this is just a romance book or a rom com - it's so much more!  It's about learning who you are when life throws you curves, about feeding your own soul by helping others, about standing of yourself, about second chances, and of course, about love and romance.  I adored all these characters (except Pete, of course).  Phyllis, Ali's neighbor, especially touched my heart and I loved the relationship between her and Ali; plus, the Dr. Phil quotes had me laughing out loud.  Pack this one in your summer tote!

No comments:

Post a Comment