Tuesday, June 4, 2024

6.4.2024 - I've Tried Being Nice

I've Tried Being Nice by Ann Leary

Many, many thanks to NetGalley, Simon & Schuster, Simon Element, Marysue Rucci Books, for gifting me a copy of this wonderful essay collection by Ann Leary.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!

Ann Leary has reached the age where she has decided she's tired of trying to be nice.  This book is absolutely perfect and I laughed and cried my way through it.  It's looking back on all those big and small things that make up our days - family life, married life, jobs, moving, pets, struggles - and done with humor, honesty, relatability.  There were moments where I went from literally laughing out loud to crying.  I want to be Ann's friend; she's that real, no matter that both her and her husband are famous.  They just feel like the kind of people you need in your life.  I'm so glad she shared part of her life with the rest of us.  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment