Many thanks to NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for gifting me a digital ARC of this re-released book by Lucinda Berry. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!
Noah is the teenager everyone admires - an honor student, champion swimmer, just a nice boy. Until he confesses to sexually abusing young girls during swim practice. Everything changes in an instant and his family implodes. His mother shoulders the pain of trying to save her son but losing everything else in the process.
I read this book years ago and I'm so glad it is being re-released. It touches on such an important and relevant topic, and brings it up close and personal. Where is the line between what you will do for your child? Do you try and save your child or your marriage? I am a huge fan of Lucinda Berry and she handles this difficult and sensitive subject in such a way that you really do feel completely invested in the characters. It's emotionally draining but you won't be able to put it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment