Sunday, September 6, 2026

9.6.2026 - The Three Graces of Pearl Street

 The Three Graces of Pearl Street by Elizabeth Wellington Rollins

Many thanks to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster | Atria Books for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful debut novel by Elizabeth Wellington Rollins.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!

Named after a famous Italian statue, three generations of Graziella's are once again living under the same roof.  Graziella, the 96-year-old former nun and matriarch of the family, spends her days running the church food kitchen.  Her daughter, Grace, is a psychology professor whose personal life seems to be falling apart.  Granddaughter Ella, is floundering after her time at MIT.  The three women have to learn how to repair their relationships and be able to move forward.

What an amazing debut - I was always so anxious to get back to reading this book.  Told from the POVs of each of the three Graces, this book is filled with love, food, and lots of secrets.  The elder Graziella is such an amazing, inspirational character, but all three women are strong in their own ways.  They just have to figure themselves out.  I loved the faith aspects, the respect these women had for their roots, and the deep sense of family and community woven between them.  I laughed, I cried, I didn't want it to end.  An absolute must read!


No comments:

Post a Comment