Thursday, September 24, 2026

9.24.2026 - Cross My Heart, I Hope You Die

 Cross My Heart, I Hope You Die by Mallory Arnold

Many thanks to NetGalley and Poisoned Pen Press for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful novel by Mallory Arnold.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars!

Ruby, Nora, and Cham are strangers, until they realize that they are all dating the same man, Jason, and each have been swindled out of money.  They decide to teach him a lesson he'll never forget.  They decide to lure him to a secluded cabin in the mountains, but when he's found dead, things take a very wrong turn.  They have no idea who to trust now.

What dark fun this was!  If you like slasher movies, you're going to love this.  It's full of dark humor, a creepy atmosphere, even a cult!  And sure, it may be a bit over the top, but aren't all the best slasher movies?  I liked each of the strong female characters, each with their own secrets.  Told from multiple POV, with short chapters, I kept flipping the pages to see how it all turned out.  I had a lot of fun with this one - read this one during spooky season for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment