Many thanks to NetGalley, Brilliance Publishing and Little A for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of this collection of essays by Laurie Notaro, with the audiobook narrated by the fabulous Hillary Huber. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4 stars!
Anyone over the age of 50 will be able to relate to these essays and won't be able to not see themselves in its stories. As I'm well beyond 50, I found myself relating both to Laurie and even to her parents! I think the best way to approach aging is to laugh, because otherwise old age is going to be awfully depressing. I actually listened to this one on audiobook in one sitting. A new to me author and one that I'll be checking out her backlist! Narration by Hillary Huber fabulous as always!
Anyone over the age of 50 will be able to relate to these essays and won't be able to not see themselves in its stories. As I'm well beyond 50, I found myself relating both to Laurie and even to her parents! I think the best way to approach aging is to laugh, because otherwise old age is going to be awfully depressing. I actually listened to this one on audiobook in one sitting. A new to me author and one that I'll be checking out her backlist! Narration by Hillary Huber fabulous as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment