Friday, September 11, 2026

9.11.2026 - Lump

Lump by Allison Sweet Grant 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Little, Brown and Company for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful book by Allison Sweet Grant.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!

It would be a rare person today who hasn't been touched by cancer, either personally or through someone they love.  Allison Sweet Grant was not even 40, married with 3 children, when diagnosed with breast cancer.  Writing was her means of processing, and she has done a huge service to all the rest of us.  I'm not typically one who seeks out poems but Sweet Grant is now added to my list of poets that I won't miss whatever they write, like Josie Balka and  Maggie Smith.  Just like with their books, I will be buying Lump for myself and to give to others.  It's beautiful, heartbreaking, full of strength and compassion.  Absolutely a must read for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment