Wednesday, September 30, 2026

9.30.2026 - The Radiance

 The Radiance by Ayad Akhtar

Many thanks to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster | Summit Books for gifting me a digital ARC of this novel by Ayad Akhtar.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 3 stars.

The synopsis...When a hit-and-run shatters more than his body, a writer is caught between revelation and madness as an uncanny pull toward a brilliant campus colleague ensnares him in a scandal that threatens to destroy them both. What begins as a provocative portrait of academic and cultural warfare deepens into erotic entanglement, the exposure of a family secret, and the mystery surrounding the narrator’s accident—both the violence and its aftermath.

This one is getting good reviews, but it's one that I felt I wasn't smart enough to understand from the beginning.  It's supposed to be auto fiction, but I don't know anything about the author so not sure how much is based in reality.  I just never connected to the story.  There is a lot going on but yet there's not a solid plot that I could follow.  I almost DNF'd it but I just can't do that so I soldiered on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment