
Many thanks to NetGalley and Harper for gifting me a digital ARC of the latest book by the writing duo known as Ellery Lloyd. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4 stars!
Controversial tech entrepreneur Inigo Frank offers the very wealthy a chance to go back in time to witness pivotal moments in history through his company Tempus Tours. To showcase his achievement, Frank hires filmmaker Phoebe Hunt to create a documentary. On her first day, she is set to witness the return of a property developer and his family from their trip to the past. But instead, she sees the group arriving bloodied and traumatized, with one of their party missing. Phoebe also recognizes the missing woman and realizes she's not who she claims to be.
I have a love/hate relationship with time travel, going back decades to watching Star Trek spinoff episodes that left my head spinning. Thankfully for my brain, this book is more of a mystery with time travel elements, although the end had my head spinning a bit. It's more about the consequences of time travel than the possible science that would make it possible. That said, I felt that the 1940s time period was done really well and I almost did feel like I was back in time. There's also a cult theme, which I always like. Very intriguing read!
No comments:
Post a Comment