Monday, August 31, 2026

8.31.2026 - The Treasure House

The Treasure House by Amy Matthews 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Ballantine | Dell for gifting me a digital ARC of the new book by Amy Matthews.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars rounded up!

Zoe and her daughter, Flo, need a new start but they can't afford one, until she finds a listing for a cottage in Maine.  It's in their price range but it's a treasure house - filled to the brim with junk and sold as is.  We go back in time to read about Marly, the woman who lived in the cottage before.  Can Zoe and Flo find a new forever home or have they made a big mistake?

I loved this author's previous book, Someone Else's Bucket List, and this is just as heartwarming and sweet, with no hint of sappiness.  I had certainly heard of hoarder homes, but love the term "treasure house."  Both timelines were so good and I was equally intrigued with both.  I could picture the small coastal town, where everyone becomes family.  There's some romance, plenty of cats and even a dog, and wonderful characters.  Put this one on your TBR now!


No comments:

Post a Comment