Many thanks to NetGalley and William Morrow for gifting me a digital ARC of the new book by Nina Simon, author of Mother-Daughter Book Club, which I enjoyed. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 3.5 stars rounded up!
Liv and Mandy take a yearly sister trip, alternating who chooses their location. The two sisters couldn't be any more different - Liv is responsible, practical, organized, while Mandy lives life spontaneously, and on the edge. This year, Mandy picks a rafting adventure through the depths of the Grand Canyon, but when one of their group is found dead, the rafting trip turns beyond frightening. They don't know who they can trust, maybe not even each other.
This was definitely more of a slow burn than her first book, with most of the action taking place in the second half. I really liked the sisterhood angle of this book, although both women seemed to be a bit too typecast in their role, as did the influencer. Plus, and maybe this was just me, but every time I read the name of the beauty product/company involved, CareFree, I would get distracted and think of the sanitary product instead! The description of the rafting adventure was frightening to me, but I am sure that it is beyond beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment