
Many thanks to NetGalley, St Martin's Press | Minotaur Press, and Macmillan Audio for gifting me both an audio and digital ARC of the second book in the Marigold Cottages Murders series by Jo Nichols, with the audiobook wonderfully narrated by Jim Meskimen and Meg Price. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4 stars!
The residents of Marigold Cottages, owned by the lovable and interesting Mrs. B, have returned to a new normal after the recent events on the properties. Mrs B invites a friend she met at the YMCA, CJ, to live in the cottages. But when CJ's employer dies at a party where some of the Marigold residents are also attending, the gang is back!
This is such a fun series and I enjoyed more time with these characters, especially Mrs. B who is a hoot. While it's mostly a cozy mystery, there's still a good mystery or two involved with lots of suspects to pick from. While you could certainly read this as a stand-alone, the author doesn't spend a lot of time on the characters' back stories, so I'd recommend starting with the Marigold Cottages Murder Collective for extra fun. I liked how this book moved the characters' relationships further along. The narration was great and I mostly listened to this one. Looking forward to more in this series!
No comments:
Post a Comment