Thursday, July 4, 2024

7.4.2024 - The Unraveling

The Unraveling by Vi Keeland 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Atria/Emily Bestler Books for gifting me a digital copy of the debut thriller by Vi Keeland.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars rounded up!

NYC psychiatrist Meredith McCall is struggling with all the events surrounding the death of her husband.  When a man walks into her office that looks familiar, she finds herself crossing all her personal and ethical lines.

That's a short and sweet synopsis but I think you are best going into this one as blind as possible.  This story pulled me in from the beginning, with multiple timelines and an unreliable narrator.  The therapy sessions were intriguing, and I really felt for Meredith's mindset.  Yes, she veered off into questionable behavior, but who could blame her?  There were plenty of twists and turns but that last paragraph had me gasping!  As a romance writer, this one has some steamy scenes, but this is a wonderful psychological thriller that has me anxiously awaiting more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment