Thursday, October 3, 2024

10.3.2024 - The Truth You Told

The Truth You Told by Brianna Labuskes 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer Amazon Publishing for gifting me a digital ARC of the new book by a favorite, Brianna Labuskes.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 5 stars!

Forensic psychologist Callum Kilkenny lost his wife, Shay, to the serial killer he had been hunting for five years.  Nathaniel Conrad - known as the Alphabet Man for tattooing codes onto his victims - is now on death row.  But he's now saying he didn't kill Shay.  FBI forensic linguist Raisa Susanto thinks he's telling the truth, because there are inconsistencies in his coded letters to authorities.  But time is running out for the two to figure it out, since Conrad is days away from execution.

I love this series!  It's such a smart police procedural, with forensic linguistic info that is fascinating.  You can definitely read this as a stand alone, but starting with the first, The Lies You Wrote, will give you Raisa's back story.  This book gives more insight to both Callum's and Raisa's pasts, giving these characters even more depth.  This is a tense, gripping, thriller that had me guessing until the final reveal and I just loved the ride!  Becoming one of my favorites series and I can't wait for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment