Wednesday, August 28, 2024

8.28.2024 - Till Death Do Us Part

Till Death Do Us Part by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for gifting me a digital ARC of the new book by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars!

Ten years ago, June and Josh were married soon after meeting, only for him to drown on their honeymoon.  His body was never found and June was not convinced it was an accident.  But today, she is engaged to Kyle, living in Brooklyn, and she owns a natural wine bar.  She's ready for a new chapter in her life.  But then she sees Josh.  Is it a hallucination from her grief or did he never really die?  When she starts delving further, she is in for some huge surprises.

I really got lost in this book.  The setting in Napa Valley and the wine talk helped, and I loved the descriptions of the wine-making process that started each part.  The story unfolds from the POV of June in the present and Bev, Josh's mother, in the past.  I got involved in both storylines and hated to switch, only to get very involved in the other.  I felt for the characters and I never saw the twists coming; there are lots of secrets here.  Great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment