Saturday, March 26, 2016

3.26.2016 - Lie in Plain Sight

Lie in Plain Sight by Maggie Barbieri

First - thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book!

I did not realize that this was the third in a series by this author. I believe that I would have enjoyed this book more if I would have read the others first. I found myself looking back through the book, thinking that I missed something. That being said, there were spoilers in this book for mysteries in the others so I probably won't go back and read them.

On its own merit, this was a good mystery. It involves Maeve, a single mom of a college student and teenager who owns a bakery in a small upstate New York town. When one of her daughter's high school classmates becomes missing, Maeve gets pulled into the mystery and becomes a chief character in all that happens afterwards.

I liked most of the main characters in this book - they and their problems seemed pretty real for the most problem. And if you disregard the inferences to what happened to Maeve in the previous books. But the issues of being a single mom, gossip in a small town, mother-daughter squabbles, adultery, ex issues - they're all here in the midst of this mystery about the missing girl.

Definitely would recommend starting at the beginning of this series - but this was still an enjoyable read!

No comments:

Post a Comment