Thursday, February 8, 2024

2.8.2024 - Why We Read

Why We Read by Shannon Reed 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade Publishing/Hanover Square Press for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful book by Shannon Reed - 5 stars!

Written by a lifetime reader, writer, and educator, this is the perfect book for readers.  Shannon has short essays about why we read, what we read, and how it all impacts our lives.  I laughed my way through this book and I guarantee you will find a chapter or five that speak to you.  Who remembers the Pizza Hut Book It program?  While I didn't participate in it, my kids did.  And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't always love to get books as a gift - the pressure!  Plus, there are so many books she discusses here - from Gone Girl to Shakespear.  I found myself adding more and more books to my TBR - but she included a list of every book mentioned in the back just for that reason!  Shannon's writing is so honest and funny (don't miss the footnotes!) - this is an absolute must read for book lovers!


No comments:

Post a Comment