Saturday, February 24, 2024

2.24.2024 - Quietly Hostile

Quietly Hostile by Samantha Irby 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Vintage Anchor for gifting me an audio ARC of the latest collection of humorous essays by Samantha Irby - 4 stars!

I'm trying to catch up on my TBR list, and listening to this audiobook made me wonder why I waited so long.  Yes, I know it's crude and talks about tons of private things, but it made me laugh out loud so many times!  While I'm probably not in the target audience for this book (read, old), there is still so much relatable - and some of it may be more relatable as you are older!  Not sure I've ever heard someone be so brutally honest about herself and her bodily functions before, let alone a celebrity, so major kudos for that.  We're all human, after all, and a little humor goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment