Tuesday, February 13, 2024

2.13.2024 - The Memory of Us

The Memory of Us by Dani Atkins

Many thanks to NetGalley and Aria Books for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful novel by Dani Atkins - 4.5 stars!

Amelia was found collapsed on the beach and is only alive due to two passing doctors who found her and restarted her heart.  Her sister, Lexi, races from her home in NYC to be at her side.  Amelia and Lexi are more than sisters - they are twins conceived by IVF and born 7 years apart, but they've always had that twin connection.  When Amelia wakes up, she is convinced she is married to Sam and is distraught that he's not there.  She's even able to draw a picture of him.  But Lexi and her mom know that it's not true.  However, walking on the beach later, Lexi sees a man who looks just like the picture of Sam that Amelia drew. She eventually convinces this stranger, Nick, to help her with a plan to recreate Amelia's memories.

I'm not always the biggest romance fan, but I loved this story.  It's full of magical realism, heart, loyalty, and the connection between sisters.  And while it may be a tad predictable, my heart was still fully engaged throughout and I dare anyone to not shed a few tears along the way!  I haven't read any of this author's previous works but I can definitely recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment