Thursday, December 14, 2023

12.14.2023 - I Know What You Did

I Know What You Did by Cayce Osborne

Many thanks to NetGalley and Crooked Lane Books for gifting me a digital ARC of this wonderful debut novel by Cayce Osborne - 5 stars!  I also listened to this on audiobook and adored the narration by Hillary Huber and I highly recommend listening to her voice Petta!

A bestselling novel is suddenly everywhere in Petal's world - and when she finally takes a look at it, it's a fictionalized story of the death of her high school friend, blaming her for the murder.  Only one other person knows the truth about what happened that night, Jenny, the other friend in their circle.  Jenny hasn't been heard of since, so Petta heads from NYC to Madison WI to see if she can find out who the mysterious author is and why they wrote this book.  But the investigation just opens more questions and now Petta herself could be in danger.

Petta was such an amazing character - I loved her snarky attitude and running commentary.  She was just so much fun.  She had been surrounded by death since her childhood and developed a thick skin and not letting anyone get too close.  This was a good mystery too, tense and suspenseful and I had no idea who the culprit was.  This was a fabulous debut and I can't wait to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment