Monday, May 29, 2023

5.29.2023 - For You and Only You

For You and Only You by Caroline Kepnes 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House for gifting me the next installment in the You series by Caroline Kepnes - 3.5 stars!

This book finds Joe not selling books, but writing them.  He's at Harvard in a writing fellowship group, picked by instructor Glenn Shoddy.  Joe feels his work is superior to everyone's but the other fellows are published or more distinguished.  Then he meets Wonder, who he feels he has so much in common with compared to the others in the group.  He soon becomes obsessed.

I will preface this review saying that I didn't read the first two books in this series nor have I watched the show.  But I read this new installment right after #3 in the series and maybe it's just too much of the same for me.  There are parts of this one that I liked better - the book references, the Goodreads talk - but it just seemed to be the same story in a different setting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment