Friday, May 26, 2023

5.26.2023 - You Love Me

You Love Me by Caroline Kepnes 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House for gifting me a digital copy of this book in the You series by Caroline Kepnes - 3.5 stars rounded up!

Joe has moved and is living on an island in the Pacific Northwest.  He gets a job at the library (well, a volunteer job because he made a big donation) and meets Mary Kay, the librarian.  Then he becomes obsessed with her.  Mary Kay has an already busy world, taking care of her daughter and spending time with her friend.  She also has a secret that she hasn't told Joe about yet.  But Joe is determined.

I have to say that I haven't read the other books in this series nor watched the show, so I'm sure I would have been more into this book if I had.  You have to get used to Joe's stream of consciousness talk, as well as his nicknames for everyone.  I do like the snarky, dark humor and the way you find yourself rooting for an unlikable character.  I'm intrigued enough to be on to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment