Saturday, September 3, 2022

9.3.2022 - The Means

The Means by Amy Fusselman 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Mariner Books for gifting me a digital ARC of this debut novel by Amy Fusselman - 4.5 stars!

Shelly Means is a stay-at-home mom of two, married to George, a voice-over actor, who live an upper middle class life in NYC.  They have a second home, but are forced to sell it and Shelly dreams of a beach house in the Hamptons.  But as George's jobs dry up and their budget goes down, the house Shelly envisions must change.

This is just an entertaining, humorous read that I really enjoyed.  While it's definitely a book about keeping up with the Jones' and lots of First World problems, it made me laugh out loud more times than I can mention.  And sometimes a book like this is just the escapism I need - this is the perfect beach read!  It has short chapters that beg for just one more, quirky characters, and even talking dogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment