Tuesday, September 27, 2022

9.27.2022 - Tastes Better from Scratch

Tastes Better From Scratch Cookbook by Lauren Allen 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Greenleaf Book Group for gifting me a digital copy of this wonderful cookbook by Lauren Allen - 5 stars!

I love cooking and cookbooks - especially ones like this one with beautiful pictures accompanying every recipe.  But I also love cooking from scratch, without relying on processed foods or ingredients.  This book fits the bill perfectly, plus the recipes use ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.  Most of these recipes are ones that are perfect for families - no weird ingredients, just her take on good, healthy meals.  I always wish that cookbooks could include nutrition labels, but that is my only gripe.  To counterbalance that gripe, however, many recipes include a QR code link to a YouTube video showing how to make it - how amazing is that?

I've flagged so many recipes that I've given up and will be ordering a hard copy of this book to have in my kitchen.  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment