Friday, June 17, 2022

6.17.2022 - Local Gone Missing

 Local Gone Missing by Fiona Barton

Many thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Books for gifting me a digital copy of the latest mystery/thriller by Fiona Barton - 4 stars!

Detective Elise King's life revolved around her job, until she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Recovering at home after surgery, her chemo brain makes her wonder if she'll ever be back to her pre-cancer self and be able to work.  But when a local man goes missing the night of a neighborhood music festival, Elise's neighbor, Ronnie, pulls her into investigating themselves.  

I really loved the characters of Elise and Ronnie - I could easily see a series of books involving these two.  Ronnie was hilarious!  This was a good mystery and police procedural and I adore Barton's writing.  I loved the small town vibe where everyone seems to know everyone's business, for better or worse.  My only negative was that there were so many characters and different time periods that I had some trouble keeping everyone clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment