Thursday, May 5, 2016

5.5.2016 - 67 Shots

67 Shots by Howard Means

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book.

Having lived in NE Ohio with a son who attended Kent State University, I was anxious to read this book. I chose to read it over the anniversary date just for more added symbolism. I've stood in the parking lot where the memorials to the dead students are and could only imagine the loss that the parents of those 4 must have felt.

This book added lots of info that I didn't previously know - I was unaware of all the violence that happened in downtown Kent the weekend before. No one will ever have definitive answers for what happened on May 4th, but this book lays it out on all sides and ends up with the fact that we need to forgive in order to move on.

Well worth the read. I wish it would have had pictures - and the final version may indeed have them since I read an advanced copy. I found myself reading with my tablet nearby to look at maps, pictures, stories online.

No comments:

Post a Comment