Tuesday, May 24, 2016

5.24.2016 - In the Clearing

In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, Thomas & Mercer, and the author for the opportunity to read this book!

Why haven't I read this author before? This is the third in a series of crime stories featuring Tracy Crosswhite, a detective in Seattle. You can certainly read and enjoy this book as a stand alone, but I'm sure having the background would make it even better. I definitely plan to go back and read the first 2!

There are basically two crimes to solve in this book - the main one being a cold case from 40 years ago involving the death of a young Indian girl. It was investigated by a brand new police officer who couldn't let the case go. After his death, his daughter finds the file and asks Tracy to take a look at it. The other crime is one that Tracy is investigating in her job as a member of the Violent Crimes Section known as the A Team. In that case, a man is shot inside the home of his estranged wife and son.

I thought the writing was excellent as well as the meticulous details presented concerning the cases. Sure makes you appreciate the work that good crime solvers do.

This was a great story and I totally lost myself in these two cases. I can't wait to read the previous books as well as the future ones in this series. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment