Sunday, May 29, 2016

5.29.2016 - My Girl

My Girl by Jack Jordan

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for allowing me to read and review this book. This is why I love NetGalley - I would never have known about this author or book without it - and it would have been my loss!

What an intense psychological thriller - you won't see all the twists and turns coming, which of course makes for a great read.

Paige is drowning all her sorrows in a blurry mix of alcohol and drugs. And she has many sorrows to drown - her daughter was murdered years ago and she just found her husband dead by suicide. Her family tries to help - her dad, her brother and her in-laws - but she keeps going down her path of destruction.

To top it all off, everyone now thinks she's crazy - she keeps finding things disturbed in her home. She blames her mother-in-law and calls the police, but with no evidence, she has to wonder if she really is crazy.

That's all I'm saying because you need to just carve out some time and go along this ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment