Sunday, April 17, 2016

4.17.2016 - When I'm Gone

When I'm Gone by Emily Bleeker

Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book!

This was a very good read. I had not read the author's previous work, but this one as well as the good reviews for it make me want to add it to my to read list.

The story opens with Natalie, a young mom who just died from a rare cancer, who left behind a grieving husband and three children. Luke, her husband, starts receiving letters from Natalie after her funeral. While they initially are very comforting, the fact that he doesn't know who is sending them along with some questions they raise become very troubling. He starts questioning how well he knew his wife.

Although some story lines are predictable, there's a lot that you won't quite see coming. A very enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment