Friday, April 15, 2016

4-15-2016 - As Time Goes By

As Time Goes By by Mary Higgins Clark

I've been reading Mary Higgins Clark's books since I was a teenager. They are like comfort food to me and I can't resist it when a new one comes out. It's amazing to me that she can put out so many books after all this time and they still don't disappoint.

This is the story of Betsy Grant. She's married to a wealthy doctor who develops early onset Alzheimer's. He's getting worse and increasingly violent and she is contemplating putting him in a nursing home. The night that she throws a birthday party at her home for him, he is found dead and Betsy is put on trial.

This is typical Mary Higgins Clark - always a fun mystery. Plus this one continues the characters of Alvirah and Willy - always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment