Thursday, June 6, 2019

6.6.2019 - You Then, Me Now

You Then, Me Now

Thanks to NetGalley, Lake Union Publishing, and Nick Alexander for the opportunity to read and review his latest novel.  This is a new-to-me author and I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

The title of the book explains the style of the writing - the "you then" part is the story of Laura in her youth, going on a vacation to a Greek island with a man she hardly new, and coming home pregnant.  The "me now" part is the story from her daughter, Becky's point of view as she struggles with not knowing anything about her father except that he died and the story is off limits to discussion.   When mother and daughter decide to go back to Greece for vacation, the past and present come together.

This was a very enjoyable read and the descriptions of the Greek island beauty make me want to go there now!  I definitely felt transported to a different time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment