Friday, November 3, 2023

11.3.2023 - West Heart Kill

West Heart Kill by Dann McDorman 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Knopf, Pantheon, Vintage, and Anchor for gifting me a digital ARC of this debut novel by Dann McDorman - 4 stars!

Upstate NY at a private, isolated hunting club.  Add a raging storm and a cast full of rich, unfaithful, scheming characters.  End up with three corpses within four days.

Wow - this has to be hands-down the most unique murder mystery I remember reading!  Taking place during the Bicentennial weekend, this book reads sort of like a screenplay, where the reader is part of the production.  I loved all the side bits about the history of the genre and more.  It was a tad confusing to me for some reason, but that may just have been where my head was at when reading.  Because there's nothing better to me than discovering a new, creative way to tell a story - and this author nailed that!  Can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment