Tuesday, November 28, 2023

11.28.2023 - The Mystery Guest

The Mystery Guest by Nita Prose 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House Ballantine for gifting me a digital ARC of the follow-up book to one of my favorites, The Maid, by Nita Prose - 5 sparkling stars!

Molly  is now Head Maid at the Regency Grand Hotel, now training Lily, to be a new maid.  When a famous author, JD Grimthorpe, drops dead on the floor of the hotel's tea room right before making a big announcement, Molly is once again being looked at as a suspect by Detective Stark.  While there are plenty of other suspects, Molly feels certain that she holds the key to this mystery, because long ago Molly knew the author and her beloved Gran was his maid.

This was one of my most anticipated reads, because I love this character so much.  Molly is pure innocence and lives out the life lessons that Gran taught her.  This book takes the reader back to Molly's childhood, giving even more depth to her character.  I enjoyed those "before" times with Molly and Gran as they worked together at the Grimthorpe mansion.  I flew through this book and then was sad it was over.  But I'm hoping we will hear more from Molly in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment