Wednesday, September 13, 2023

9.13.2023 - This is How We End Things

This Is How We End Things by R.J. Jacobs 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Landmark for gifting me a digital ARC of the new novel by RJ Jacobs - 4.5 stars rounded up!

Five graduate students are working under Professor Joe Lyons, conducting experiments into the science behind lying.  When one of the students is found dead, everyone's secrets start to come out.  Is one of them capable of committing murder?

This one hit all the marks for me - I love a dark academia thriller, a locked-room type mystery where everyone is suspect, and add in a once-in-a-century NC snowstorm for good measure!  In fact, I could have had more insight into the study of lying, because I thought that was so intriguing.  Why do we lie?  Can you tell if someone is lying to you?  Should these type experiments even be done?  This book kept me glued to the pages and I didn't have a clue about the culprit.  Don't miss this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment