Sunday, September 10, 2023

9.10.2023 - A Good Family

A Good Family by Matt   Goldman

Many thanks to NetGalley and Tor/Forge Publishing for gifting me a digital ARC of this book by Matt Goldman - 4 stars!

From the outside, Katie's life seems perfect - she has a good job, two great kids, and a beautiful home in an exclusive area in Edina, Minnesota.  But her marriage to Jack is falling apart.  He is always on his phone, disappearing from the house, even gaslighting his own kids.  But he won't talk to her about any of it.  When a mutual friend from college, Adam "Bagman" Ross, shows up and moves into their extra space, the tension seems to increase.  Katie is worried that he's hiding a big secret.  When she starts investigating, things just get worse.

I love a good neighborhood/family drama - there's just something about pulling behind the curtains of seemingly perfect lives to uncover all the messiness.  This book has lots of messiness!  I thought the writing was good, with lots of tension and questionable characters.  It kept me turning the pages until the satisfying epilogue.  This was a new-to-me author, and I'd happily pick up his next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment