Monday, July 4, 2022

7.4.2022 - First Born

First Born by Will Dean

Many thanks to NetGalley and Atria Books for gifting me a digital and physical ARC of the new book by Will Dean.  I was a huge fan of The Last Thing to Burn and this book is so good as well - 5 stars!

Molly Raven is a young, single woman living in London.  She is ultra-sensitive and concerned about her safety and security to the extent that it controls every part of her life.  Her identical twin, Katie (Molly calls her KT), lives a much more outgoing life in NYC.  When their parents are visiting Katie in NY, she is found dead, possibly murdered, and Molly has to get past her obsessions to travel to be with her family.  Once there, she begins investigating the people in Katie's life and what could have led to her death.

Wow - I just love Dean's writing and this story kept me intrigued, gripped and gasping with the twists and turns.  With all the psychological thrillers I read, it takes a lot to really shock me but this book kept me in that state.  The skillful writing kept everything believable and had me questioning everything and everyone.  Don't miss this one - and if you haven't read The Last Thing to Burn, do it now!  Both books are highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment