Sunday, July 17, 2022

7.17.2022 - Corinne

Corinne by Rebecca Morrow

Many thanks to NetGalley and St Martin's Press for gifting me a digital ARC of the debut novel by Rebecca Morrow - 4.5 stars!

Corinne met the love of her life when she was a teenager and one night caused her to be cast out from her fundamentalist church and family.  Years later, when she came back to Kansas to help her mom, her family slowly allows her to be a part of their lives.  But she also meets back up with Enoch, the boy that changed everything.

I really loved the slow burn of this novel.  I thought it was so interesting how the church ruled so much of their lives and made them question their very core.  Typically, the way that the women and men were treated so differently in the church was highlighted here.  I loved the interaction between Corinne and Enoch, from the games they played to the rules they set for each other.  I think the graphic sex could have been edited down - it was very repetitive and didn't add anything to the intimacy between these characters.  But I was drawn into this book and the beautiful, funny, touching world the author created.

No comments:

Post a Comment