Monday, July 11, 2022

7.11.2022 - Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Knopf Publishing Group for gifting me a digital ARC of the latest novel by Gabrielle Zevin - 4.5 stars!

Sam Masur and Sadie Green met by chance in their childhoods, when both were in the hospital for different reasons.  They bonded and healed by playing video games until a misunderstanding caused a rift.  Years later, when both were in college at different schools in Cambridge, they meet by chance once again.  This time, they forge a new relationship and partnership as they develop their own video game.  But the road ahead is not smooth for them.

If you would have told me that I would love a book that centers around video games, I wouldn't have believed you.  But besides from those weird chapters about Pioneer that I must admit I kind of skimmed, this book is about much more than games.  It's about friendship and love, hard work and dreams, grief and reinvention.  I loved the explanation of the title - that a game is "the possibility of infinite rebirth, infinite redemption.  The idea that if you keep playing, you could win.  No loss is permanent, because nothing is permanent, ever."  Kind of like life.  This is a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment