Wednesday, May 18, 2022

5.18.2022 - It All Comes Down to This

Many thanks to NetGalley, St Martin's Press and Macmillan Audio for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of the latest book by Therese Anne Fowler and beautifully narrated by one of my favorite narrators, Barrie Kreinik - 4 stars!

Beck, Claire and Sophie are the daughters of Marti, who is dying of lung cancer.  Marti has planned her estate to make things as easily as possible but it includes one stipulation - their Maine cottage must be sold right away and the proceeds split between the sisters.  But each of the sisters has a secret and each is struggling with their life.  

I absolutely loved this author's previous book, A Good Neighborhood, and thought it was a must read for everyone.  This one didn't invoke the same passion for me, but it was a good family saga and character study.  I loved the setting and the importance of family stories.  It's beautifully written - I'll look forward to Fowler's next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment