Wednesday, May 18, 2022

5.18.2022 - The Favor

The Favor by Nora Murphy

Many thanks to NetGalley, St Martin's Press, Minotaur Books and Macmillan Audio for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of this debut thriller by Nora Murphy, perfectly narrated by Dylan Moore; Leon Nixon; Sarah Mollo-Christensen.  4.5 stars rounded up!

Lea and McKenna are perfect strangers; however, they are leading almost identical lives.  Both have perfect lives and perfect husbands - but nothing is as it seems for either of them.  

This was a wonderful debut about a topic that is all too common for too many women - domestic abuse.  Having lived through this before, I can say that this book rang very true and its portrayal of both the husbands' behaviors and those effects on their partners was spot on.  You could feel the desperation of both women as their husbands exerted more and more control of them and their lives.  Told from both women's perspectives as well as a police detective, I raced through this book to see how it would all end.  I listened to the audiobook whenever I was away from my kindle and loved the narration.  I think it was a huge help to have different women narrate Lea and McKenna to help keep things clear.  Highly recommended - can't wait to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment