Saturday, May 9, 2020

5.9.2020 - Fifty Things That Aren't My Fault

Fifty Things That Aren't My Fault by Cathy Guisewite

Many thanks to NetGalley, GP Putnam Sons, and Cathy Guisewite for the opportunity to read this book - loved it!  5 stars - because it's Cathy of course!

I grew up reading the Cathy comic strip.  As I grew older and went into the work world, there she was, going through similar things.  It always made me laugh and feel less alone.  Fast forward to her new book and the feelings are the same.  She is now parenting an adult child as well as taking care of elderly parents.  Everything is relatable!  The feeling of being a computer whiz when talking to her parents and a Luddite when talking to your child.  Talking to your parents about all the hard stuff while feeling the pain of children leaving.  I laughed and cried through the whole book!

If you ever felt a kinship with Cathy reading her columns, you need this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment