Wednesday, December 28, 2016

12.28.2016 - The Ice Beneath Her

The Ice Beneath Her by Camilla Grebe

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and review this book!

This book is amazing - my head is still reeling from it. One of the best psychological thrillers I have read in awhile - and that's saying something since that's my favorite genre! This book languished on my NetGalley shelf for awhile - after reading it I keep asking myself why I didn't read it sooner and why I've never read this author's work before!

Taking place in Sweden, this book is told in the voices of 3 narrators. Peter is a detective who is tasked with trying to solve a gruesome murder (and it is gruesome). Peter is estranged from his son and his son's mother and has major commitment issues. Hanne, is a psychological profiler working with the police and dealing with her own personal issues. Emma is a young girl, working in a clothing store, who is in a relationship with the owner of the clothing store conglomerate, Jesper Orre. Peter and Hanne's stories are in the present time; Emma's voice starts a few months in the past and builds up to the present.

I raced through this book - besides being a great mystery with all the requisite twists, I loved the character development of everyone. I literally couldn't put this book down - don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment