Tuesday, October 6, 2026

10.6.2026 - Do You See What I See?

Do You See What I See? by Peter  Swanson 

Many thanks to NetGalley and William Morrow for gifting me a digital ARC of this novella by Peter Swanson.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.25 stars!

Nicholas Child's first book had modest success but he was just dumped by his publisher.  Then, his agent approaches him with an offer - spend Christmas with Marco Tavares, a best-selling author, and his family.  Marco has writer's block and his agent wants Nicholas to get him moving on the right path again.  But a feeling of dread hangs over the seaside house, and each guest has a reason to want their host dead.

A perfect novella that you can finish in one sitting to get you in a bit of Christmas spirit while it's not even Halloween!  I liked the creative way the story was told, with Nicholas narrating, complete with different versions, as he writes his version of events to a police detective.  Plus, there's a wonderful literary theme.  Add this to your Christmas list!

No comments:

Post a Comment