
Many thanks to NetGalley, St Martin's Press, and Macmillan Audio for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of this wonderfully creepy novel by Kelley Armstrong, with the audiobook perfectly narrated by the talented trio of Helen Laser, Sean Patrick Hopkins, and Shane Ghostkeeper. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars!
It's a dark, stormy night when a car swerves to avoid something, or someone, standing in the road, only to hit a fallen tree. Four more cars will follow in a pileup no one can seem to avoid. These strangers find themselves in a backwoods dive bar, waiting for daybreak and hoping for cell service. But they soon notice that not everything is as it seems and going outside is a very bad idea.
I cannot believe this is a new-to-me author, but this is the perfect book to read for spooky season. I listened to it on audiobook and would highly recommend that format because of the wonderful narration, which just added to the story for me. It's such an atmospheric read, with the creepy woods around the bar and just everything feeling wrong - kind of like an old Twilight Zone episode. There's also some good themes here to ponder but I don't want to reveal them in case I would inadvertently spoil anything. It's a non-stop thrill ride that you won't be able to look away from.
No comments:
Post a Comment