Many thanks to NetGalley and Ballantine Books for gifting me a digital ARC of the latest romance by Emily Giffin. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4 stars!
Billy and Mick were high school sweethearts in Wisconsin until their paths took them different places after graduation. Ten years later, Billy is a doctor in NYC, engaged to another doctor, when a call from Billy changes everything. Billy heads back to Wisconsin and is faced with all she left behind, and a decision about where she wants to go in the future.
I always enjoy Emily Giffin's books and this was an easy read. Without giving away any spoilers, some of the characters' emotions did seem a bit flat and unrealistic in their reactions. But I still happily sat with this story until I was finished, anxious to know just what Billy would do. I liked how the story went back in time to learn of Billy and Mack's relationship story. Plus, Giffin incorporated characters with Down Syndrome and dementia very compassionately and realistically. Always looking forward to her next book!
No comments:
Post a Comment