Saturday, March 16, 2024

3.16.2024 - My Husband's Trying to Kill Me!

"My Husband's Trying to Kill Me!" by Jim Schutze 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Tantor Audio for gifting me an audio ARC of this true crime story by Jim Schutze, narrated by Jonathan Sleep - 4 stars!

Linda DeSilva married her college boyfriend, Robert Edelman, who became a wealthy real estate tycoon.  To the outside, they were the perfect family, with two children, and led a glamorous life in Dallas.  But the reality was quite different behind closed doors, where Robert was cruel and violent.  Then she learned he hired a hit man to kill her.  This is the story of how Linda worked with the FBI to trap her husband in a sting operation that nearly went very badly wrong.  

I'm a big true crime reader and this book, like so many in this genre, was disturbing on so many levels.  This is a re-release of a book written in 1993 and while I would hope that we as a society have grown into a better understanding of domestic violence, these situations of course continue to happen.  In this book, neighbors and family knew and suspected of the abuse, but no one said or did anything until Linda went missing.  My only comment about this book was that I thought the transition between timelines was abrupt.  It could be because of listening to it rather than reading it, but I would have to pause to figure out where the story was taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment