Monday, October 16, 2023

10.16.2023 - Leave the Lights On

Leave the Lights On by Liv Andersson

Many thanks to NetGalley, Crooked Lane Books, and Dreamscape Media for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of this novel by Liv Andersson and perfectly narrated by Mia Barron - 3.5 stars rounded up!

From the outside, Beatrice Wicker leads a charmed life in Maine with her husband Josh.  She has dreams and plans on turning an old asylum into an artist retreat, giving others a chance and a helping hand.  But behind closed doors, Beatrice knows about her husband's other woman and son, keeping quiet to maintain her lifestyle.  But when there is an explosion at the boy's school and he is kidnapped. the secrets have to come out.  And there are lots of secrets.

This was a bit confusing to me, with the back and forth timelines.  The narrator was perfect and the story kept me listening, plus I liked the past timeline.  It's hard to say too much without revealing anything, but it was a good read.  Unfortunately, I thought the ending was too abrupt and left me scratching my head a bit.  This is my first book from this author but I'm up for her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment