Sunday, October 1, 2023

10.1.2023 - Black River Orchard

Black River Orchard by Chuck Wendig 

Many thanks to NetGalley, Random House Ballantine Del Rey for gifting me a digital ARC of the new novel by Chuck Wendig - 5 creepy stars!

Set in Bucks County, PA, fall is in the air, so that means it's apple time.  Dan Paxson has found a new variety of apple, named the Ruby Slipper by his daughter, Calla.  But this is no ordinary apple.  It's addicting and changes people.  Those who haven't eaten it know that there is something wrong, but can they stop what's happening?

My first Chuck Wendig book was The Book of Accidents, which I loved and I loved this one too!  It's long, but it never felt too long because it's filled with so much - horror, suspense, Native American folklore, small town atmosphere, and enough interesting characters to keep everyone gossiping.  It's good vs evil, and so very creepy.  This is the perfect book to read this fall! 

On a personal note, I am so sad because Chuck Wendig is in my local bookstore NOW talking about this book and I would have loved to been there!  My elderly mother lives with me and I couldn't get away, but I would have loved to hear him talk about this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment