Tuesday, August 29, 2023

8.29.2023 - The Puzzle Master

The Puzzle Master by Danielle Trussoni 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House for gifting me this intriguing book by Danielle Trussing - 4.5 stars!

Mike Brink was a promising high school football star when an injury left him with acquired savant syndrome.  It left him able to solve puzzles in ways that ordinary people can't.  He is called to meet Jess Price, a woman serving 30 years in prison for a murder.  She hasn't spoken a word since her arrest 5 years before.  She reveals a dangerous truth behind her silence and sends Brink into a hunt for the truth as well as an obsession for Jess herself.  At the heart of the mystery is the God Puzzle, an ancient prayer circle created by a 13th century Jewish mystic.  

First, I love books that take place in familiar environments - this one had two; Cleveland and Upstate NY.  Besides that, I love puzzles, although I certainly am no Mike Brink!  But I have to start my day with Wordle and Quordle.  This was a multi-layered book, mystical, mysterious, and takes you from ancient times to today's world.  It also has great characters - I really liked both Mike and Jess.  There's a lot in this book to unpack, but it's a great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment