Monday, August 28, 2023

8.28.2023 - Good Bad Girl

Good Bad Girl by Alice Feeney 

Many thanks to NetGalley, Flatiron Books and Macmillan Audio for gifting me an audio ARC of the latest book by a favorite, Alice Feeney, and wonderfully narrated by Katherine Press and Stephanie Racine - 5 stars!

On Mother's Day 20 years ago, a momentary lapse of attention caused Clio's baby girl to disappear and her life to implode.  On Mother's Day in present time, a woman is murdered in a care home and the detective in charge has three suspects - Frankie, who works in a prison library; Patience, an aide at the care home; and Clio, whose mother, Edith, is a resident in the home.  Is anyone telling the truth and how are all these people and crimes connected?

I absolutely adore Alice Feeney's writing style and twisty novels - I had a few gasps in this one that I just never saw coming.  The story is told from these different POVs and timelines, but the chapters are short and I couldn't stop listening to the audiobook.  The author brings all the characters to life and I felt for all of them.  Besides being a twisty tale, I loved all the personal and family drama - who doesn't love a messy family?  Another highly recommended book!

No comments:

Post a Comment